Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Monday, April 17, 2017

I'm looking for a church to attend!

I'm looking for a church to attend. And, although my requirements are minimal, they are non-negotiable!

Before listing those, however, I feel that it's only fair to inform folks with potential suggestions of some extenuating circumstances. I live in a small village in the midst of a vast sea of corn and soybean fields in Central Illinois (I am, however willing to travel). To further complicate matters, I work most Sundays.

That out of the way, my requirements of any potential church are few. They are as follows:

1. It must be Christian - profess a belief in Jesus Christ as Savior.
2. It must be caring and friendly.
3. The pastor/priest/elder/congregation/etc. can preach and teach whatever they like as long as I'm not required to believe and teach it.
4. I must be free to make up my own mind about how much money I contribute to it.

That's it! Any takers?

Contact me at lc.hendrix@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a nearby synagogue? I recommend enlightened Judaism such as espoused by ex WCG scholar James Tabor : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-d-tabor/paul-the-jew-as-founder-o_b_3930630.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Church of God (Seventh Day) has several congregations in your state, including 5 in Chicago. Attend the General Conference in Springfield the first week in July and meet the pastors and decide what you think. Still deciding if we'll be attending.

    ReplyDelete