Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Friday, September 26, 2014

What a Godly parental perspective looks like!

This is one of the most beautiful posts that I have ever read. I think that Pastor John Pavlovitz has captured the love that God expects of parents - the same kind of love that "He" exhibits toward us. The article is entitled "If I Have Gay Children: Four Promises From a Christian Pastor/Parent." He promises: 1) not to hide the fact, 2) to pray for them (and he makes clear that he won't be asking for a "fix" or "healing"), 3) to love them with an "open-hearted" embrace, and 4) to accept homosexuality as part of their identity. Hope my readers enjoy this as much as I did:
http://johnpavlovitz.com/2014/09/17/if-i-have-gay-children-four-promises-from-a-christian-pastorparent/

No comments:

Post a Comment