Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thank you God!

Last year I had some serious issues with my thyroid (subacute thyroiditis), and I've had problems with my voice since recovering. So, earlier this week, I went to my ear/nose/throat doctor and asked him to check it out. He sent me to have a thyroid ultrasound the following day, and he called me with the results today: No nodules - my thyroid was functioning normally and looked healthy. He speculated that the voice issues are probably due to damage sustained by the nerves and tissue when the gland was swollen.
Anyway, I thanked God as soon as I hung up the phone with the doctor! However, the thought occurred to me a few minutes later: How would I have reacted if he'd told me that I had cancer? Would I have still thanked God?
I guess I'll never know the answers to those questions now, but I'd like to think that I still would have thanked God. Why? For allowing me to live on this beautiful planet called earth, for every breath I've taken since that first one over fifty-three years ago now, for the blessing of giving and receiving love, for the most wonderful family a man could have (including those two precious little grandbabies), for the priviledge of being a citizen of the United States of America, for the ability to work and earn a living, for the experiences I've enjoyed (reading, traveling, hiking and climbing trees) and most of all for Jesus Christ and the salvation that is mine through him.
Whatever the doctor had said today, I've got a great deal for which to be thankful to Almighty God. Things cause me to forget that sometimes, but deep down I know that I shouldn't ever forget to be thankful. God help me to remember that always!

No comments:

Post a Comment